Monday 8 April 2013

Empties #1

Empties #1

I don't have a lot of empties because I normally forget to keep the bottle. I know a lot of bloggers do this monthly but I tend to stick to the same facial skincare products because I have sensitive skin and also the same shampoo brands because it works well for me, but often I try out new body butters, bath bits and make-up so I can do posts on them.

Girlz Only Party Nights dry shampoo £1.50 
I bought this from tesco because I tried batiste and I didn't think it was very good (I know a lot of people swear by it but it just didn't seem to do the job for my hair) I like it because its a good price and a nice size, its not one of those mini-travel sizes but it isn't a huge bottle, so it can easily be popped into a handbag. I think it works really well as a dry shampoo, it says on the bottle (or is it a can? Oh, I don't know) that is has a fruity scent. I think I'd disagree with this, it doesn't smell fruity to me, it smells more flowery to me, which isn't a problem it still smells nice! Maybe I just don't notice the smell as much now I've used the product more. I quite like the packaging, I don't normally like metallic pink but it looks nice on this and there are little white flowers to decorate it. Overall, its a good product and it does the job.

L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shine Shampoo 
I tried this shampoo when it was on offer, I've been devoted to herbal essences for a very long time but for some reason I fancied a change and this shampoo and conditioner was half price so I bought them instead. I did have the conditioner but I always run out of conditioner before shampoo and I think I must have thrown the empty conditioner bottle away. I don't think it made my hair particularly shiny or glossy, it did make it softer though. I like the shampoo it cleaned my hair well and it had a nice scent to it (as did the conditioner) however I don't think I'd buy it again just because it didn't make my hair very glossy and I think I prefer herbal essences.

The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Shower Gel
I got this as part of a set and it came with the dreams unlimited perfume and the dreams unlimited body lotion. I love the smell of this and I found that it made my skin feel really soft. The packaging is nice, its quite simple but pretty and again, its a good size to take with you (although its not travel size its not a huge bottle of shower gel) I can't find this on the body shop website so I can't tell you how much it is but it should be available in the body shop stores.

Body Butters
I now have quite a collection of these. It should be made illegal to own this many body butters!

Primark Strawberry Body Butter
I got given a strawberry bath/shower set a year ago at christmas and I've never used it until recently. This body butter is travel sized (50ml), and I really like the packaging I think its very cute and cartoon like. I love the smell of strawberry but I'm not a huge fan of the smell of this body butter, it doesn't smell bad but it smells very fake, I know obviously its not real strawberry but you know how some products really smell like real strawberrys and some just don't? It's kind of like strawberry laces, it does smell a bit strawberry like but not really. That probably didn't make any sense whatsoever haha sorry. As I said though, its not a bad scent. The body butter itself is a nice pale pink colour, and it absorbs into the skin quickly which is great because I hate body butters which just sit on your skin for ages. It left my skin feeling soft but that didn't last too long. It's not great for really dry skin, as it doesn't seem to make a lot of different to that but then it is a body butter and not a heavy moisturiser so I wasn't really expecting that from it. I think it's a pretty good product.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
This is the travel size of the soap & glory the righteous butter. It is 50ml and although it has the same amount of product as the primark body butter, it has slightly taller and thinner packaging and I think I prefer that shape of packaging because it would make it easier to find in a bag when travelling. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it smells really nice, more perfume like then skin care, this could irritate sensitive skin though. I only seem to have sensitive skin on my face so it didn't irritate my skin. I really liked this product and I think I'm going to buy the full sized tub of body butter in the future.

Ali
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment